Did you grab your hands on a lucrative job opportunity of working-from-heights in or around Sydney but don’t possess the skill-set and expertise? You may also be feeling dejected because of your unawareness of the control measures and safety regulations to be adopted at great heights. There is no need to feel worried as there is a myriad of working at heights training programs you can get enrolled in and leverage the assorted benefits offered by them while mastering your skills.
What is the need for such training?
The working at heights training outlines the skills and information needed to work safely at heights, especially in the telecommunication and Infrastructure industries. Obtaining a job for working at great heights is suited for individuals in operational roles that require them to undertake work at heights. It is taught on a single day, using a combination of classroom and practical skills instruction.
Despite being recurring and dangerous, falls from great heights are entirely avoidable. With extra caution, planning, and attention to detail, falls from height can be nearly totally avoided, and the consequences of those that do occur can be minimized.
The courses trifurcate the topic of working at height down into easy comprehendible steps. They encompass the legal responsibilities, the potential dangers, and awareness of the different kinds of equipment employed at such heights.
Industries that require working from heights
Working from great heights has become an indispensable component of a plethora of sectors, including:
- Civil construction,
- Transmission lines,
- Transportation and Railways,
- Oil and Gas,
- Agriculture,including a myriad of other industries.
What do these courses have on offer?
These courses cover a broad spectrum of skill-set and amenities exclusive to their subscribers. Some of the most conspicuous aspects of working at heights covered by this training include the following:
• Getting accustomed to and adhering to the Australian Standard Code of Practice.
• Equipment, component, and material names and functions.
• Identifying hazards, assessing risks, and implementing controls.
• Getting accustomed to the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
• Tool and material movement and handling in a safe manner
• Apprising you of the type of job done at a height.
• The procedures for ensuring safe work practices and appropriate approaches.
• Safety measures to make working at heights safer
• Get technical and safety knowledge, interpret it, and put it to use.
• Making you aware of the job of a Safety Operator at Heights.
• Meeting environmental criteria, such as the power lines.
• Recognize your and your employer’s legal responsibilities.
• Making you aware of the potential dangers like the suspension trauma effects while up-skilling you to avert such hazards.
• Completing a fault report on the equipment.
Necessary Pre-requisites for joining such a training program
There are usually no requirements; however, candidates must make sure that:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Have excellent English communication (speaking), reading, and writing skills.
- Have basic computer skills and seamless access to the internet. To download the Learner Guide, you will need access to a computer with an uninterrupted WiFi connection.
We firmly believe that this article served your purpose and apprised you of all the relevant information related to the various working at heights training programs accessible in Australia, especially in and around Sydney. So, why are you waiting? Enroll in the training program at the earliest opportunity and leverage the uncountable benefits.